Part of the “behind the scenes work” which I’ve been attempting to put together is an interactive way for our customers or potential customers, from around the world, a way to connect with our Microsoft Product Group.
Flipgrid seemed like a natural choice since we can share experience in many different ways! Either leave your comments here or join in on the conversation over on our Grid on Flipgrid!
I attended my first BETT conference in London this past January. It was unlike any conference I had been to before from two perspectives:
- The sheer size and volume of vendors / booths which were there! My goodness!
- I was surprised that it was just one big vendor fair! Sure, there were sessions happening but it was inside each vendor’s booth. I can honestly say I’ve never been to a ‘conference’ where it’s really just a vendor fair!
As I stated in my previous post, I’ve started a Grid on FlipGrid. More specifically, I’ve thrown a question out there just WAITING for your response!! Let’s hear your feedback!
Click on this link and let us know! Lessons Learned fromBETT 2019
Have you ever had one of those periods in your life where you’re going a million different directions but never accomplish anything? Well…I’m in one of those periods within my life! Since taking on my new role, there’s SO much to learn and do; I’m not sure which to tackle first! Thus, in my grand way that I always do, I attempt to tackle them all!
Allow me to give you a little background. I started my new role within Microsoft at the end of August 2018, right? Let’s just call it September for conversation’s sake! We’re now already in February 2019!! (I won’t bother to tell you that it’s taken me two weeks to draft and complete this post alone!) I went to Seattle to meet with my new manager in September and then did some onsite customer visits in Sept. / Oct. However, you KNOW that when Halloween hits, it’s just the tip of the iceberg for the holidays! I was back in Redmond in November again before ramping up for an almost two week trip in December to Copenhagen, Denmark, Amsterdam, Netherlands and then Madrid, Spain.
Yes, travel is in the new role! That’s for sure! I came back from Europe to spend time with the family before leaving for BETT 2019 in London, England. Before you say it; I know there’s a TON of air time to be able to work. Yep. I just slept!
Now we’re in mid-February… however, there’s some great projects I’m starting to spool back up! The first is this blog again! However, I’m going to use this as a launch page for some of my other projects! What could those be? I’m glad you asked! I’ve embarked on a few:
- I’m starting up my task-based learning videos again! For those of you who to not know, prior to my joining Microsoft, I was a consultant and I started a company called LearnSMS.com. The concept was to create short, task-based videos about SMS (product prior to SCCM). So, I’m back at that again! I’ll try to cross link the videos here as well… however, the YouTube channel link is can be found here or go to http://aka.ms/I4ESnacks. Once I get enough subscribers, I’ll change it to a vanity URL on YouTube directly!
- Part of a Program Manager’s role is to get feedback from our customers and understand how you use our products. So, I’ve created a Grid on FlipGrid which can be found here. The thought is that we can start a virtual dialog on various topics.
- In support of the prior two topics, I’ve had to get some new gear in order to vlog and create content for everyone! So, that’s been a learning curve as well!
So, you can see that there’s not a shortage of stuff to do on my plate! Now it’s time to start execution of the plan! Here we go! Let’s do this thing!
I’ll make EVERY effort to remember the conferences where I’ll be attending so you have the possibility to meet in person! This month’s conference is BrainStorm 2019 being held in the Wisconsin Dells, WI starting on March 3rd through 5th, 2019.
I’m going to be bringing my new vlogging gear to capture some of the activities while there. Come up and say hello! You never know if you’ll make my next vlog entry!